Table of Contents
The magazine of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Vol. 37, No. 3 • Spring 2013
A tribute to C. Everett Koop by a faculty member who knew him well.
A conversation on leadership between Dean Chip Souba and medical student Meredith Bartelstein.
Two Geisel students demystify clinical skills for their peers.
A glimpse of how members of the Geisel community engage locally, nationally, and internationally to improve lives in ways big and small.
Physician-researcher Juliette Madan investigates how bacteria can both harm and help the youngest patients.
Developing Rwanda's most important resource
The Geisel School of Medicine is a complex institution, but at its core are individual people working to make a difference. The 32 Hours Project documented a few of their stories.
STAFF & CONTRIBUTORS
- Plunging into the battle against health disparities
- Paving the way for a new curriculum
- Students meet their match
- Fisher named director of TDI
- Worthy of Note
- A preview of changes to health-care laws
- Cutting cancer's food supply
- Looking out—and ahead—for America's wounded warriors
- Global grant
- Looking closer at HIV infection and immunity
- Studying nature and nurture
- Research briefs
Voices of Geisel
- Philanthropy in action
- At the crossroads of discovery and patient care
- Scholarships: the crucial asset
Art of Medicine
If you'd like to offer feedback about Dartmouth Medicine, we'd welcome getting your comments at DartMed@Dartmouth.edu.