Steven C. Atkins, Psy.D.
Dr. Atkins is a licensed clinical psychologist and school consultant who specializes in specific learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental theory, and systemic theory. He is an instructor and clinical associate for Dartmouth Medical School's Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Section. He holds a Masters degree in Education from Harvard University and a Doctorate of Psychology from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology.
- Clinical practice focusing on systemic therapies, ranging from family therapy to community counseling and consultation
- Extensive work with primary and secondary school-aged children on impulse control and social skills development
- Senior supervisor for Dartmouth's APA-approved psychology internship training program, where he helps train future psychologists to incorporate art, play and cognitive therapies while working with children, parents and families
- Board member for the NH Psychological Association
- Member of the Ethics Committee for the New Hampshire Psychological Association
- Teaching Your Children Good Manners with Lauri Berkenkamp (Nomad Press, 2001); Winner of the 2002 Parents' Choice Award
- Talking to Your Kids About Sex with Lauri Berkenkamp (Nomad Press, 2002)
- Because I Said So! Dealing with Family Squabbles with Lauri Berkenkamp (Nomad Press, 2003)
Dr. Atkins and his co-author received the 2002 Parents Choice Award for Teaching Your Children Good Manners.
Dr. Atkins and his co-author received the 2003 Independent Publishers Award for Best Parenting Book for Talking to Your Kids About Sex.