Table of Contents
The magazine of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Geisel looks to the future amid challenges in academic medicine.
New course has students pitching proposals to improve health care.
Undergrads experience research first-hand at Dartmouth.
ART OF MEDICINE
Personal Gestures—Three Medical Students Reflect on Why They Dance
Illustration by Slava Frimerman
STAFF & CONTRIBUTORS
Dartmouth Medicine seeks to convey the breadth and depth of the education, research, and patient-care and service activities of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. The magazine provides a place for members of the Geisel community to share their experiences and to learn about the experiences of others, and it hopes to inspire reflections on and conversations about vital issues in health care and medical education.
- Class Day Marks New Chapter for Class of 2016
- Cassandra Rendon ('18) receives the John T. Wolf Award
- Dartmouth Receives Renewal Grant for International Research Ethics Training
- Dartmouth Institute Receives $2 Million to Study Use of Decision Aids in Breast Cancer Treatment
- Howell Receives Veterans Affairs ICARE Award
- Function Follows Form—Revealing the Molecular Mechanisms of Viruses
- Wave of the Future
- Building Sustainable Primary Care on Top of the World
- The Dartmouth Institute Offers New Online MPH
Voices of Geisel
- Why Get a Liberal Education?
By Leslie Henderson, PhD, Glenda Shoop, PhD, and Lisa Adams, MD (Med'90)
If you'd like to offer feedback about Dartmouth Medicine, we'd welcome getting your comments at DartMed@Dartmouth.edu.