A Q&A with Dr. Diane Harper about HPV
Dr. Diane Harper, the director of Dartmouth's Gynecologic Cancer Prevention Research Group, was a principal investigator for the HPV vaccine trials of both Merck and GlaxoSmithKline. For more about Harper and her work, click here.
- What is HPV and who gets it?
- Is HPV always sexually transmitted?
- What protection will the new vaccines offer?
- What do we know from the vaccine trials?
- Are the vaccines safe and how long do they last?
- How does HPV affect men?
- Are Pap smears still necessary after getting the vaccine?
- What are the benefits of the vaccines in the United States?
- What are the benefits of the vaccines in other countries?
- Should insurance companies pay for the vaccines?
- Where can women get more information?
If you'd like to offer feedback about this article, we'd welcome getting your comments at DartMed@Dartmouth.edu.
This article may not be reproduced or reposted without permission. To inquire about permission, contact DartMed@Dartmouth.edu.